|EOS-1D Mark II N Firmware Update Version 1.1.2|
|This firmware update (Version 1.1.2) incorporates the following additional functions:|
This firmware update applies to cameras with firmware version up to 1.1.1 installed. If your camera's firmware is already version 1.1.2, it is not necessary to perform this update.
|Before downloading the firmware update, please be sure to read the entire contents of this page.|
|Q :||What has been changed in this firmware?|
|A :||It includes the following improvements:|
It fixes the phenomenon wherein the camera does not detect the capacity correctly when high-capacity recording media are initialized.
b) The phenomenon wherein the camera cannot correctly detect the capacity of CF cards with capacities exceeding 8GB (e.g., 12GB, 16GB) correctly when they are initialized has been corrected.
|Q :||Are the previous versions of firmware included in version 1.1.2?|
Yes, the following improvements from the previous version are included:
Version 1.0.2 changes:
Fixes the phenomenon of sequential file numbers not being maintained when shooting with sequential numbers in Bulb mode and then changing the CF card with the camera ON.
Improves the brightness of the LCD monitor, making it easier to check images outdoors.
There were mistakes in some of the Russian-language displays; these have been fixed.
Version 1.0.4 changes:
When selecting [Standard] in the Picture Style setting, and maximum value of +4 in Color Density, some images taken with the sRGB color space setting could become low-saturation and monochrome-like images.
Version 1.1.0 changes:
|Q :||How do I check the version of the camera's current firmware?|
|A :||Press the MENU button and hold it down while rotating the Quick Control Dial to the Set-up 2 menu. The current firmware version will be displayed in the Firmware section of that menu.|
|Q :||How do I update the EOS-1D Mark II N firmware?|
|A :||The methods of firmware updating are provided as below :
If you choose the latter method, contact a Canon Service Center listed on the back of the Camera User's Guide enclosed with the camera.
|Q :||Do I need any special equipment to update the EOS-1D Mark II N firmware?|
|A :||The following equipment is necessary to update the EOS-1D Mark II N firmware :
1-a) Ni-MH pack NP-E3 (The battery pack must be fully charged.)
In order to supply power to the camera, 1-a or 1-b is necessary.
|Q :||What if I do not have the equipment necessary for updating the firmware?|
|A :||Please contact a Canon Service Center listed on the back of the Camera User's Guide enclosed with the camera.|
|Q :||How can I download the EOS-1D Mark II N firmware?|
|A :||The file for updating the firmware can be downloaded at the bottom
of this page.
Select the compressed, self-extracting file appropriate for your OS and double-click to extract.
After completing the download and extraction, confirm that the following files have been generated :
Firmware update file
If the file size differs from the above, please download the file again from the Web site. Also, firmware updating service is provided free of charge at Canon Service Centers.
|Q :||How do I update the firmware?|
|A :||It can be updated by copying the downloaded file to an initialized (formatted) CF card (SD card) by the EOS-1D Mark II N, and then loading the card in the camera. Please refer to the PDF file at the end of this page for more details.
Please note the following when updating:
If there are any questions, please contact one of the following:
IMPORTANT- READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE CLICKING "submit" AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE!
This License Agreement (the "Agreement") is a legal agreement between you and Canon Inc. ("Canon") under which Canon is providing the software program for updating the firmware of Canon's digital camera products "EOS-1D Mark II N " (the "Software"). BY CLICKING "submit" AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE, YOU ARE DEEMED TO AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE SOFTWARE. IN SUCH EVENT, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE THE SOFTWARE
1. GRANT OF LICENSE: Canon grants you a personal and non-exclusive license to install the Software directly or through other medium such as hard disk or CompactFlash and use on Canon's digital camera product "EOS-1D Mark II N" which you own.
You shall not assign, sublicense, sell, rent, lease, loan,
convey or otherwise transfer to any third party, or copy,
duplicate, translate or convert to another programming language
the Software, except as expressly provided herein. You shall
not alter, modify, disassemble, decompile or otherwise reverse
engineer the Software and you also shall not have any third
party to do so. You shall not modify, remove or delete a copyright
notice of Canon contained in the Software.
Except as expressly provided herein, no license or right, express or implied, is hereby conveyed or granted by Canon to you for any intellectual property of Canon.
2. OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT: The Software is copyrighted and owned by Canon. You agree and acknowledge that Canon transfers neither ownership interest nor intellectual property in the Software to you under this Agreement or otherwise, and that Canon retains all right, title and interest to the Software.
3. EXPORT RESTRICTIONS: You agree to comply with all applicable export control laws and regulations of the country involved, and not to export or re-export, directly or indirectly, the Software in violation of any such laws and regulations.
4. SUPPORT AND UPDATE: Canon, Canon's subsidiaries and affiliates, their distributors and dealers are not responsible for maintaining or helping you in your use of the Software. No updates, bug-fixes or support will be made available to you for the Software.
5. DISCLAIMER: THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE SOFTWARE PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU (AND NOT CANON, CANON'S SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, THEIR DISTRIBUTORS AND DEALERS) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION. THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU IN SUCH STATES WHICH DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES.
Canon, Canon's subsidiaries and affiliates, their distributors and dealers do not warrant that the functions contained in the Software will meet your requirements or that the operation of the Software will be uninterrupted or error free.
IN NO EVENT SHALL CANON, CANON'S SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, THEIR DISTRIBUTORS AND DEALERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR OTHER INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF THE SOFTWARE, USE THEREOF OR INABILITY OF USE THEREOF EVEN IF CANON, CANON'S SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES, THEIR DISTRIBUTORS OR DEALERS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU IN SUCH STATES WHICH DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
CANON, CANON'S SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, THEIR DISTRIBUTORS AND DEALERS SHALL HAVE NO OBLIGATION TO INDEMNIFY YOU AGAINST ANY CLAIM OR SUIT BROUGHT BY A THIRD PARTY ALLEGING THAT THE SOFTWARE OR USE THEREOF INFRINGES ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OF SUCH THIRD PARTY.
6. TERM: This Agreement is effective upon your clicking "submit" at the bottom of this page. You may terminate this Agreement by deleting the Software. This Agreement will also terminate if you fail to comply with any of the terms of this Agreement. In addition to Canon enforcing any of its legal rights, you shall then promptly delete the Software.
7. U.S. GOVERNMENT RESTRICTED RIGHTS NOTICE: The Software is a "commercial item," as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. 2.101 (Oct 1995), consisting of "commercial computer software" and "commercial computer software documentation," as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. 12.212 (Sept 1995). Consistent with 48 C.F.R. 12.212 and 48 C.F.R. 227.7202-1 through 227.72024 (June 1995), all U.S. Government End Users shall acquire the Software with only those rights set forth herein. Manufacturer is Canon Inc./30-2, Shimomaruko 3-chome, Ohta-ku, Tokyo 146-8501, Japan.
8. SEVERABILITY: In the event that any provision of this Agreement is declared or found to be illegal by any court or tribunal of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be null and void with respect to the jurisdiction of that court or tribunal and all the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
9. ACKNOWLEDGMENT: BY CLICKING "submit" AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE, YOU SHALL BE DEEMED TO HAVE ACKNOWLEDGED THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, UNDERSTOOD IT, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS. YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT THIS AGREEMENT IS THE COMPLETE AND EXCLUSIVE STATEMENT OF AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND CANON CONCERNING THE SUBJECT MATTER HEREOF WHICH SUPERSEDES ANY PROPOSALS OR PRIOR AGREEMENT, ORAL OR WRITTEN, AND ANY OTHER COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN THE PARTIES RELATING TO THE SUBJECT MATTER OF THIS AGREEMENT. NO AMENDMENT TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE EFFECTIVE UNLESS SIGNED BY A DULY AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF CANON.
|EOS-1D Mark II N Firmware Update|
Input the serial number of the EOS-1D Mark II N, and click the [submit] button.